|“||I've always wanted a Dog!||”|
Stan of the House is the first episode and pilot in Season 1 of Dog with a Blog. It first aired on Disney Channel in the United States on October 12, 2012 after the DCOM movie premiere of Girl vs. Monster, leading Dog with a Blog in with 4.5 million views, ranking Dog with a Blog as one of Disney Channel's strongest series launches in recent history.
When Bennet adopts a dog in an effort for Tyler and Avery to show responsibility together in taking care of the cutie, the kids find out a secret about the dog. Tyler and Avery discover that their newly adopted dog, Ramon "Stan", can talk and they agree that his ability to speak must be kept a secret from everyone.
- G. Hannelius as Avery Jennings
- Blake Michael as Tyler James
- Francesca Capaldi as Chloe James
- Stephen Full as the voice of Stan
- Regan Burns as Bennett James
- Beth Littleford as Ellen Jennings
- Angela as Stan
- Audrey Whitby as Sabrina
- Harvey Guillen as Glenn
- Michael Boucher as Owner #1
- Christopher Birt as Owner #2
- October 12, 2012 (Canada)
- December 21, 2012 (UK and Ireland)
- January 7, 2013 (Russia)
- January 8, 2013 (France)
- February 18, 2013 (Israel)
- March 15, 2013 (Italy)
- March 22, 2013 (Spain and Portugal)
- March 23, 2013 (Latin America and Poland)
- March 24, 2013 (Turkey)
- March 25, 2013 (Australia)
- April 6, 2013 (Bulgaria and Romania)
- April 8, 2013 (Germany)
- April 13, 2013 (Scandinavia, Hungary, and Czech Republic)
- May 25, 2013 (Greece)
- July 6, 2013 (Japan)
- This episode was filmed during the first week in November 2011.
- This episode became available for purchase on October 2, 2012 on iTunes.
- This episode is currently available at Watch Disney Channel.com and on the Watch Disney Channel app.
- Stan introduces the characters in this episode; Avery as a psycho about rules, Tyler being a smooth playa, Chloe being an okay psychologist kid, but sometimes is in weird situations, Bennett being a goofball, and Ellen being a cat person. It also included Glenn, but he introduced with this exact quote "Some guy named Glenn, don't really know him, moving on.." in a quick style.
- The ending of this episode, where Bennett films Stan say "I love you", is a reference to the popular YouTube video Husky Dog Talking - " I love you ".
- This episode was available for a free download on iTunes for about a month.
- Homeschool Musical is a reference to the Disney film High School Musical.
- The episode title is a pun on the expression "man of the house".
- This is a preview episode.
- This episode airs in Canada the same day in USA.
- The first promo aired about a month before this episode
- Tyler: We're gonna have to break some more rules? Are you with us?
- Avery: Lets do this! *breaks off part of a bulletin board and slaps it on the ground.*
- Tyler: I said some rules. Not just like random rules!
- Avery: Oh sorry. I'm new at this.
- Ellen: Especially you Avery, we expect more from you.
- Tyler: What, you don't you expect more from me?
- Bennett: All I'm hoping out of you is a haircut.
- Stan: Give me the stinking food! I'm drooling a pool over here!
- Avery: Did he just...talk?!
- Stan: Think fast and cover quickly! Uh, no ... I mean woof.
- Tyler: *Stares in disbelief.* He did it again!
- Stan: No, I didn't. I just said, woof.
- Time passes for a long time
- Stan: Really? Still processing?
- Ellen: Hot poodles? Bennett, we are not getting another dog!
- Stan: I'm gonna have to put a bell on her!
| To view the Stan of the House gallery, click here.